Welcome

Hello to all.

I hope you enjoy visiting this blog.

I want to make it a place for people to enjoy my art and the process I go through in learning new things as well as sharing

some of the things I already know.

Take care be well and relish everything!

Louise

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Here is the latest tote for my Niece Christina.....shhhh its a surprise.


I stated with a canvas bag from Michael's.

I have added some special fabric to break up the black.



Here is the muslin panel that will be glued to the back of the original drawing.
Yes that's an iron.
No I don't use it often but I find if it has to do with art it is amazing what I will do to accomplish my goal. ha ha.


Sideways view where I have hemmed the edges to make the pocket.
Here I am trying out the sparkles and to see what the placement should be.
To bad my first try didn't go well and the first  one got wrinkled because I don't know when to leave things alone.

More experimenting with the Bling and the back panel.

Covered the paper with a nice coat of  Varnish.


I sewed smaller ribbon around the edges of the picture to give this piece a finished look.
The final panel after it is sewn onto the tote.
With each new piece I feel like that I am perfecting my creative process.
LouiseB

No comments:

Post a Comment